Thursday, January 29, 2015

Fewer words: Will it equal my posting more?

I don't post as often as I'd like on this blog and one of the reasons is that it is kind of daunting to do all that writing. So I am going to experiment with writing many fewer words per blog post and see if that helps me post more often. Here is my latest sewing project. Made this for myself - I have a life long love of yellow summer dresses, pintucks and flutter sleeves. This is made of a really pretty 100% cotton pale yellow dotted swiss. It's the Real Dotted Swiss with woven-in cotton tufted "dots", not the crappy modern version with synthetic flocked dots printed on.




I used this pattern from New Look.

I chose the size 16, and then did my usual alteration to the pattern of making it an A-line for my extra large bottom half.

I love the way this turned out. I had to double the fabric for the body because the fabric is so sheer, and that took a little of the flowy-ness away from it, but it does make it more wearable. It would have been too see-through if left unlined, for me to feel comfortable wearing. Can't wait for warmer weather to wear it!
 photo signature_zps90694f0b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment