Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Sewing Diary: March 2016

To be honest, I wasn't as productive in my sewing during the month of March, as I'd hoped to be. My knee injury (torn meniscus) coupled with absolutely dreary weather, and short trips to visit family at the beginning and end of the month, all conspired to make me be grumpy, lazy, and unmotivated when it came to creativity.

Anyway, this post is going to be super short: I made one dress and three aprons, all of which I've posted on etsy for sale. (I also have one apron that is almost finished. I will post about that hopefully next month). The dress and one of the aprons have sold, as of this writing. Details below:



1. Pink Bambi Print Apron. I found this fabric at Hancock Fabrics and snapped it up. Too cute! I made it in to an apron with a loop neckline and white rick rack trim. It's still available in my shop.



2. Parisian Print Apron. This fabric was a gift from my mom for my birthday last year. I made it into a traditional pinafore style apron with a tie neckline. It sold pretty quickly. Yay!



3. Retro Green and Pink Floral Apron. This fabric has a nice texture and medium weight. I found it on the bargain table at Hancocks. I made this for people who like more traditional prints on their aprons. Here it is in my shop.



4. 60s Retro Style Dress. Was completely in love with this fabric! Super cute, amirite?! Love the color combination of turquoise, avocado, rust and brown. I made this with bell sleeves, brown velvet trim and an empire waist. It is a mini dress or tunic in length. It was snapped up really quickly in my shop. The first dress I've sold. Yay!

And there you have it. I didn't quite meet my goal of 1.5 projects per week, and if this past week is any indication, April is not going to be much better! My knee injury is very distracting and is making me crabby, plus the side effects of the pain medication are sleepiness. And still no sun anywhere to be seen in this part of the country. Can't wait for Spring and the infusion of energy it will hopefully bring. I did sign up for Cassie Stephens' summer art camp today, though, so maybe that will inspire me to make some cool outfits for the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment