Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Asian Beauty Products Mini Reviews: Tony Moly Delight Tony Tint, Skinfood Lettuce & Cucumber Watery Cream, O Hui Perfect Sun Green

Here are some mini reviews on products I received samples of, or were "Free with Purchase."

The first one is the Tony Moly Delight Tony Tint in Red. (It also comes in Orange ChaCha and Cherry Pink). Tony Moly is a very popular Korean beauty brand with reasonable prices and fun, cute packaging. It is becoming more and more available in the U.S., with some products available at Sephora, and Ulta, and others easily purchasable online from many sources, including Amazon, Soko Glam, and Memebox.

The packaging on this lip tint is adorable. I love the see-through tube that shows the pretty, glowing tint, and I also love that the end of the tube is in the shape of a heart. The applicator is a nice, angled "doe-foot". The smell is like strawberry candy. The color of the tint in the tube looks like strawberry jam. Unfortunately, that's where the positives end.

Upon application, the color turned orange-y (at least on my lips), and was super wet. The applicator deposits way too much product onto the lips, so I had to just dab on a bit in the center of my mouth, and then use my finger to spread the rest. It dyed my finger orange. Really, the color ends up being just like you sucked on an reddish orange popsicle with lots of artificial colors, and it stained your lips orange. The lip tint dried quickly to a like-skin finish, which is okay, but it was also drying. I needed to apply lip balm shortly afterward. I also needed to scrub the skin around my mouth a bit, too, because the color bled a little bit outside of my lip line.

This product is long lasting, though, and I had the same stain on my mouth and finger by the time I went to bed, although it did not wear evenly. On the plus side, it is very affordable, selling for $2 on the Koreadepart website.

Final verdict: I would not purchase this, and I also won't use up my tube. This is pretty junky stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment