Monday, October 5, 2015

The First One-Minute Review: SkinFood Platinum Grape Cell Toner

As you know from previous posts, I have gone crazy lately for Korean beauty products. Maybe it's my mid-life crisis, since I turned 50 this year. I don't know - but whatever the cause, trying out these new products has given me a little something fun to dwell on and has made my beauty routine, a little less "routine."

I have either purchased or received free-with-purchase, many, many samples of beauty products, so I thought I'd start a series of posts called "One-Minute Review" to give you my first impressions of the samples I try. The sample sizes usually contain enough of the product for one or two applications, so these will not be in-depth reviews. I will give you info on the product from the manufacturer, where you can buy it online (that delivers to the U.S.), and my initial thoughts on using the product twice.

First Product: SkinFood Platinum Grape Cell Toner
I was really predisposed to like this toner because SkinFood is one of my favorite brands. They have fun names, enticing-sounding ingredients, and lovely packaging that remind me of the beauty products aimed at teenagers, that I use to love in the 70s and 80s. Here is a picture of the sample size I received:

I really tore into it!
And here is a picture (from the web) of the full size product:

(Photo from Amazon website)
The appealing aspects of this product are that it contains wine grape in it - everyone knows wine grapes have anti-oxidants that are good for you body, in and out. And how cool is it that there are little flecks of platinum in the toner. Unfortunately for me, right off the bat, I did not like the texture of this toner. My personal preference is for a watery toner, and this one has a goopey gel formulation. I didn't notice any strong smell, and the platinum specks dissolved immediately (I don't understand how!), so it won't leave your face sparkly. But the other thing I didn't like is that it left my skin really shiny, and a bit tacky. I like it when a toner leaves my skin soft, supple and with a matte finish, after it dries.

As far as performance, after using only twice, I can not really speak to that, but my one-minute review is that, no, I will not be purchasing a full size of this product. So sad! I really wanted to like it! If you think the Platinum Grape Cell Toner is something you might like, you can purchase it through Amazon for $28.96 with free shipping, or from TesterKorea.com for $19.26 (at current Won to Dollar conversion rates). (There is free shipping at TesterKorea after you order a certain amount.)

No comments:

Post a Comment